Agile Project Manager - Secret Clearance (Partially Remote)
This position allows for 2 days per week remote / work from home.
Salary: $130,000 - 140,000/year
This position requires an active secret clearance.
We have an immediate need for a Technical Project Manager to facilitate the delivery of our Business Intelligence and Analytics programs and assist in our transformation to a lean agile structure. The Technical Project Manager is the key person for ensuring the flow of work along our value stream. They will ensure effective collaboration across all of the actors involved in delivering initiatives; senior management, data engineers, data analytics, business analytics, architectures and other cross-functional teams. Working within the Lean / Kanban methodology employed in Verizon Connect the successful candidate will identify opportunities for continuous improvement and champion them across the organization. The Technical Project Manager will work closely with the Business Operations leaders to ensure work is flowing across the teams efficiently and resources are planned for maximum output.
- Using project knowledge to be strategic in planning short-, mid-, long-term project objectives and identifying interdependencies
- Coordinating the activities of multiple business intelligence teams and managing the dependencies between them, all in a lean operation.
- Using Lean & Agile methodologies to track progress and provide informed insight into projected completion dates for initiatives.
- Identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues identified throughout the delivery of initiatives.
- Using strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
- Communicating effectively with team members, senior leaders, and the broader organization
- Keeping senior management and key stakeholders informed of project status and escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or budget
- Contributes to the functional excellence of project management by participation in the development and continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and tools related to program and portfolio management practices
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of project management experience overseeing SDLC projects.
- Experience in technical Project/Program management.
- Experience in Agile/Lean development methodologies
- Experience managing projects in an Agile environment, with different SDLC methodologies.
- Experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
Apply for this position