We are looking for an experienced and highly-qualified Controls Engineer to oversee the development of automated control systems. We primarily work with electrical systems, so our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. You use PLC programming products, such as those made by Siemens and Allen Bradley, to create these control systems. You also must know how to draft schematics in AutoCAD.
Controls Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the processes of the assigned facility
- Identify shortcomings that could be opened by automation
- Design systems that can automate processes
- Maintain and repair systems
- Inspect systems to ensure they meet safety regulations
Controls Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Several years of engineering experience
- AutoCAD skills
- Familiarity with common PLC hardware
- Strong communication abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Minimum (6) years’ experience with automation and controls.
- Advanced experience with PLC’s, C, C++, C# or Structured Text programming.