Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Environmental Scientist. This is a direct hire role with a starting salary of 75K-$90K yr. This role is also hybrid only 2-3 days on-site with great benefits.
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and mentor staff across a diverse workload.
- Conduct ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) projects, which includes site inspections, research and interviews, data review and interpretation, and report writing.
- Planning, coordination, and contractor oversight of various subsurface investigation projects including, but not limited to, Phase II ESAs underground storage tank (UST) removal, remediation, and other various field sampling projects such as soil sampling, surface water sampling, groundwater sampling, soil vapor sampling and stormwater sampling.
- Complete Tier I level technical reviews of various environmental assessment reports, workplans and other environmental-related documentation.
- Provide supplemental field and technical support as needed on National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects, including Categorical Exclusions (CEs), Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
- Attend designated meetings and work with a diverse group of colleagues and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or related Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience performing ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, and other subsurface investigations.
- OSHA 40-hour certification and current 8-hour refresher certification are preferred.
- Michigan and Ohio regulatory experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Technical proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent professional interpersonal skills in order to interact directly with clients and handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to travel frequently on regional day trips and up to 20% overnight, depending on the project.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities