Director of Legal Recruiting (Hybrid Remote)
Salary: $150,000 - 200,000/year
This position allows for 2-3 days per week remote / work from home.
Under the direction of the firm’s Hiring Principal, the Director of Legal Recruitment will be responsible for all aspects of the recruiting and hiring of lateral lawyers for all offices. Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment process of lateral partners and groups. Oversee candidate sourcing via search firms, social media, internet searches, referrals, and informational interviews to attract and hire top-notch talent.
- · Interview candidates, negotiate and extend offers, perform due diligence and oversee disposition of candidates in applicant tracking system.
- Conduct due diligence on candidates, including obtaining and reviewing lateral partner questionnaire and analyzing candidate metrics.
- Partner with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Marketing and Business Development
- Officer and Chief of Legal Operations in vetting books for lateral candidates.
- Support the Hiring Principal and Chief Financial Officer in constructing financial projections and compensation models.
- Partner with Conflicts Counsel regarding conflicts for new hires.
- Draft offer letters.
- Establish and maintain relationships with search firms, professional recruiting organizations, and career services professionals at law schools.
- Devise growth strategies with President, Chairman, Chief Business Development Officer and Practice Group Leaders to acquire firms, practice groups, and partner-level lawyers.
- Work with Firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on firm’s diversity pipeline programs and initiatives relating to the recruitment and retention of diverse lawyers.
- Manage lateral onboarding and integration.
- Oversee drafting of new hire paperwork, orientation materials, and collaborate with marketing as needed on welcome package.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience recruiting partners and/or practice groups
- Law or other professional services firm experience preferred.
- Must exercise the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Experience in working with recruiting databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with all levels of firm and department personnel.
Apply for this position