The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of relevant experience working in a design and manufacturing environment. This position will require a highly energetic, fully engaged, forward-thinking individual. The position will require the candidate to work with various disciplines within the facility, at times working in the production environment to fine tune programming calculations and verify machine parameters.
Responsibilities to include:
- Create programs for both waterjet cutting and laser cutting operations.
- Create programs for CNC controlled press brakes.
- Work with the engineering team to provide support for new projects/products.
- Create and maintain drawing packages in AutoCAD
- Assist in the design of various fixtures/jigs/tooling for use in manufacturing.
- Assist in creating manufacturing/process documentation.
- Support Continuous Improvement team activities.
- Assist in optimization of manufacturing methods throughout facility.
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing groups.
- Works closely with the sheet metal fabrication department to improve 1st pass yield rates.
- · Strong computer skills with Microsoft applications.
- · Proficient with AutoCAD (Solidworks is a plus).
- · Experience working in a 2D drafting and 3D modeling environments.
- · Associate degree (Computer-Aided Drafting as a discipline) or equivalent work experience
- The ideal candidate will:
- · Have a complete understanding of basic drafting and design principles.
- · Possess good analytical skills and ability to express clearly both in verbal and written form.
- · Be mechanically inclined with "hands on" experience.
- · Be highly motivated and can work well in a team environment as well as on their own.
- · Be proficient in reading mechanical drawings.
· Have a strong knowledge of precision sheet metal forming or be able to demonstrate their willingness and ability to receive hands-on training to fully understand the processes and calculations involved in programming machines to form precision sheet metal parts.