- Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly process for all accounting functions including but not limited to Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Income Audit, and Cash Management.
- Ensures compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (USALI).
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Lead and direct the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, and customer credits and collections. Work closely with property leaders to ensure accuracy of payroll and perpetual inventory integrity. Work closely with Corporate Accounting on fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and cost accounting.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for executive management team and ownership.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors
- Manage and direct the performance of the accounting staff, to include team member relations, meetings, supplies, disciplinary action, and special projects. Ensure staff is motivated and trained to adequately perform at the expected level.
- Direct responsibility for Property Accounting and provides guidance and support to other departments to accomplish accuracy and financial goals.
- Certification Required: previous cash handling. 4 year college degree is preferred.
- Experience: A well-rounded knowledge of PC hardware and applications, including management information and enterprise systems. Good written and verbal communications skills. Ability to work well as a part of the resort leadership team. A team player that is comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal operation.
- Other Requirements: Flexibility in schedule due to seasonal nature of the job. Ability to problem solve and provide solution-oriented suggestions. Knowledge of resort offerings and guest services.
- 5+ years of Quickbooks experience
Apply for this position