Capture Manager- (66)
Silver Spring, MD
Location: Silver spring. remote 4 days a week and go in for a bit on Thursday.
- Develop, maintain and execute capture strategies and detailed capture plans (including call plans).
- Follow group processes for business development. This may include assembling a capture team, managing a capture team, contacting and existing clients and partners, communicating the organizations core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
- Must be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities. Manage relationships with partners and staff.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Overseeing the proposal phase is also included.
- Manage all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Must be organized, possess great customer services skills, professionally persistent, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years related sales/marketing experience or a Master's degree with 2+ years of related experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with clients, managers, peers and staff.
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to perform in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience with agencies such as Department of Commerce, Department of Transportation, etc. agencies and knowledgeable in government contracting highly desired.
- Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations and knowledge of Federal GWACs and GSA schedules is preferred.
Apply for this position