Civil Project Engineer
Our client is a growing and award winning architectural and engineering consulting firm, which has been providing clients project for over 100 years. Currently seeking an ambitious, solutions-driven Civil Engineer with a background in municipal project design. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong professional engineering skills. Perform engineering designs, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget and time schedules from initial start-up through final design. This position will mentor junior engineers.
Work Setting: Hybrid (2 days remote), M-F
Desired Skills and Experience
• A BS in Civil Engineering is required
• 5+ years of civil engineering experience
• PE License required
• Proficiency with computer-based design tools (AutoCAD, GIS, REVIT)
• Full understanding of permitting and funding agency requirements.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Sound time management skills
• Self-motivated with strong desire to advance
• Must have a valid driver's license and registered insured vehicle
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort.
• Provides direction to assigned project staff that may include other engineers, drafters, designers, field staff and administrative-support staff, assisting with the establishment and attainment of goals.
• Provides accomplished technical capability to projects in determining design, establishing course of action and reviewing results for accuracy and thoroughness in meeting client's needs.
• Compliance with regulatory and permitting requirements.
• Prepare various types of documents from project reports, proposals, estimates, to bid documents and permit applications.
• Provides project understanding and approach for proposals.
• Keeps projects on schedule and within budget, communicating potential budget, scope, or schedule demands to the Project Manager.
• Develop and implement strategies to identify and obtain repeat work from Core, developing, and private client while developing business development and selling skills.
• May serve as client relationship manager for a limited number of clients.
• May be designated as an Assistant Project Manager.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance.