Glen Burnie, MD
This position allows for remote work 90% of the time, with occasional on-site visits to Glen Burnie MD
In this role, you’ll be tasked with performing essential duties as a part of the algorithm development team, which participates in activities for our research and product development projects. You’ll be responsible for developing and commercializing bleeding-edge charging algorithms to integrate into charging products and R&D platforms.
- Working with controls engineers, DSP engineers, and data scientists to develop prototype charging algorithms that incorporate new battery models and signal processing techniques
- Adapting algorithms for embedded execution with various levels of CPU, memory, and other cost constraints
- Testing and profiling algorithms at multiple stages in the development process
- Conducting technical reviews and participating in peer code reviews to provide teammates with comments and suggestions
- Writing test plans and unit tests, analyzing test data, and presenting results
- Using Agile project tools to track progress and providing insight to the rest of the team about work being done
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar field with 2+ years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- 2+ years of experience writing object-oriented software in embedded C/C++ and Python
- Comfortable with data processing/analysis using Python or another similar language
- Experience with Git or other version control software
- Ability to work in both a team environment and autonomously
- Ability to communicate technical data effectively, both verbally and in written reports
Apply for this position