Civil Project Engineer (Partially Remote)
Fort Mitchell, KY
We are open to Civil Project Engineers from Junior to Senior level. PE is required for all openings.
This position allows for 2-3 days per week remote / work from home.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for designing and supervising infrastructure projects. They ensure each project is feasible by analyzing local and environmental impacts and making sure that they can be completed on time within the budget restrictions. Other duties and responsibilities may include:
Responsibilities And Duties
- Perform technical engineering work associated with land development and/or water resources:
- stormwater management design
- site grading
- erosion and sediment control design
- prepare plans for agency/municipal review
- completion of various land development and environmental permitting applications
- attend meetings with municipal officials, engineers, developers, and contractors
- Utilize design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Plan projects based on the based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps and other geologic and topographical data.
- Draft and present reports on topics related to projects such as stormwater reports and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Permitting coordination with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 1+ years of civil land development work experience.
- PE Licensed
- Demonstrated Civil 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, and to motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members.
Apply for this position