Controller Commerciale Mid Sized Business
Responsibilities include the monthly close process, managing the invoicing and collection of accounts receivable as well as client payouts, supervising accounts payable, payroll, monthly and annual financial reporting, expense reimbursements, corporate credit cards, debt compliance, internal controls, and cash management. Also direct the annual audit process as well as interim and annual tax projects. The Controller will also create and implement policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect accounting activity
- Preparation of workpapers and reconciliations supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related reports
- Manage and complete biweekly payroll via ADP, with assistance from the HR team.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash.
- Work with Sales and Operations teams to resolve client AR and/or client payable - ensure accuracy, timeliness and client satisfaction.
- Ensure the monthly revenue recognition process is accurate, timely and transparent with appropriate internal controls and authorizations.
- Reconcile monthly benefit plans and 401(k) plans.
- Supervision of all accounts payable, corporate credit cards, and expense reimbursements.
- Maintain fixed assets subledger.
- Ensure the appropriate recording of leases and corporate debt.
- Stock compensation accounting.
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and processes.
Position: CONTROLLER (continued)
- Supervise the weekly and monthly billing of clients as well as the communication and payout of monthly client payouts.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Supervise (currently) Senior Accountant.
- Proper analytical review from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Coordinate audit activities with outside CPA firm, as well as bank audits, and other audits and examinations of financial information.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- CPA or CPA track preferred.
- 5+ years experience in corporate accounting.
- 3+ years in a position responsible for month-end close process.
- Experience in startups or high-growth companies a plus.
- Proficiency with accounting systems (Quickbooks Online and Bill.com a plus)
- Proficiency with payroll systems – ADP a plus
- High level of Excel skills
- Experience with Google suite and Google forms/docs a plus
- Ethical, understands the ethical standards of a CPA.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Accountable for specific performance.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order in a fast-paced environment.
- Good GAAP and financial reporting skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.