Cybersecurity Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Cybersecurity Engineer. This posotion is a 6 month contract to hire posotion with an hourly rate of $50-$75hr.
Clearance: Due to our Client and US Govt Regulations – This role Requires an Active US Govt. Secret Security Clearance
Position: Cybersecurity Engineer
Work Authorization Status: US Citizen / Clearance
Requirements: 3-5 Years working as a Cybersecurity Engineer
Covid Status: Vaccinated
We are looking to hire a cyber security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. Cyber security engineers are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a cyber security engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- A degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
- 2 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.