Compensation and Benefits Manager
We are looking for a manager level employee to join our growing team! This role is hyrbid to the Baltimore, MD area.
Pay is between 100-110K based on exexperience
Full Job Description
The Compensation and Benefits Manager provides the end-to-end development and delivery of a compensation and benefits strategy that supports businesses, attracts and motivates talent and is fiscally and socially responsible, while maintaining all compliance requirements. The individual will manage all aspects of compensation structure implementation, delivery, and on-going execution, communication, system interfaces and evaluation of programs vs objectives. The individual will require oversight of Benefits, providing support when necessary. This role will require collaborating with peers, senior management and vendors while listening to employee input and monitoring market conditions to address changing needs.
- Provide thought leadership and a strategic plan to set up a compensation system that accurately reflects job families, career pathing and equitable compensation.
- Leads the design of current pay practices and programs across the organization
- Leads compensation project management including developing philosophy, data gathering, salary structure development and merit process planning.
- Conducts market analysis of company jobs to determine proper benchmark positioning, proper classification of positions, etc.
- Implement, communicate, and maintain standardized compensation programs and guidelines including, but not limited to, the annual increases and promotion process, variable pay plans, compensation policy.
- Experience designing and implementing sales plans at the leadership and account executive level.
- Stays current on industry best practices and drives innovation and continuous improvement efforts throughout the organization
- Thorough knowledge of FLSA, DOL, ADA, EEO, and other regulatory and compliance requirements related to compensation and benefits.
- Leverages HR systems to improve compensation business processes and enhance self-service functionality to the organization
- Conduct benchmarking to ensure market competitiveness.
- Provide education and counsel to Managers and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation issues, evaluating new positions, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions, and transfers.
- Prepare reporting and analysis as part of total rewards and performance management structured processes and on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare Total Rewards data/information for Board and management presentations
- Proactive communication to leadership and employees for maximizing reach and engagement.
- Lead and inspire a team through active listening, regular coaching, development, and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with Mercer.
- At least 7 years working in compensation and 5 years leading teams and demonstrating progressive knowledge and experience in Compensation and Benefits.
- Experience designing and implementing Total Rewards programs from inception to execution.
- Experience with reviewing and amending benefit plans.
- Formal leadership and people management experience.
- Experience preparing materials for the Board and management meetings is preferred.
- Advanced Excel Skills