Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Description: Accounts Payable Specialist with Law Firm Experience
Position Overview: We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly organized individual with experience in accounts payable and a solid understanding of law firm operations to join our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices, managing payments, and maintaining financial records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Your knowledge of legal billing processes and familiarity with law firm-specific software will be crucial to success in this position.
- Invoice Processing: Review, code, and process vendor invoices accurately and efficiently, ensuring proper authorization and adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Vendor Management: Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors, respond to inquiries, resolve payment discrepancies, and reconcile vendor statements.
- Payment Processing: Prepare and process payments, including checks, wire transfers, and electronic payments, in accordance with established procedures and payment terms.
- Record Maintenance: Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounts payable records, including invoice documentation, payment details, and supporting documentation, ensuring compliance with record-keeping requirements.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including tax laws and financial reporting standards, when processing payments and maintaining financial records.
- Expense Reporting: Assist in the review and processing of employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Financial Analysis: Assist with financial analysis and reporting related to accounts payable, including identifying cost-saving opportunities, analyzing spending patterns, and generating reports as needed.
- Software Proficiency: Utilize law firm-specific software, such as legal billing software, to manage invoices, track payments, and generate financial reports.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with other members of the finance team, attorneys, and administrative staff to resolve any payment-related issues and provide exceptional customer service.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and recommend process improvements to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness within the accounts payable function.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred. Relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Accounts Payable Professional) are a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience, preferably in a law firm or legal environment. Familiarity with legal billing processes and knowledge of relevant software (e.g., Elite, Aderant) is highly desirable.
- Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy when processing invoices and managing financial records.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical Skills: Proficient in financial analysis and reporting, with the ability to identify discrepancies, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Communication Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with vendors, staff, and management.
- Technology Proficiency: Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and experience with accounting software and legal billing systems.
- Integrity and Confidentiality: Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Problem-Solving: Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues related to accounts payable processes.
- Team Player: Collaborative attitude and willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues and cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals