AV Installation Technician
The candidate will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. This individual should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards. This individual must be proficient in reading and interpreting AV Signal one-line drawings, able to understand system function and determine cable pull schedule from this information. They must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of interfacing with clients. Knowledge of and experience in commercial construction standards is strongly preferred. This candidate is required to pass company qualifications to drive a company vehicle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Installation of Commercial Audio Visual to include:
AV cable pulling Rack building/pre-wire Hang projector screens Build structure to hang AV equipment consistent with industry safety standards. Install speakers Install flat panel displays Install cameras Install ceiling and tabletop microphones Solder AV connectors Terminate shielded category cable Conduct expert level of troubleshooting of AV system. Structured cabling, which includes pulling, terminating, and testing all cable, and wiring associated with audio/video cables. Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams Work with projectors, video conferencing systems, screen displays, and computer controls. Conduct rack buildout and craftsmanship Provide feedback to determine improvements needed in the installation process. Other responsibilities as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Can sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and help create, develop, and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder, and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read the small print, hear, and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Problem-solving, troubleshooting skills, and creative thinking
* Interact with employees, customers, and colleagues effectively on a professional level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
* Regular attendance is mandatory