Cisco Network Engineer
- Recommends, designs, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and leads the overall day-to-day administration of (OUR CLIENT) networking systems, including complex PC’s, and LAN/WAN networks throughout the organization.
- Analyzes workload, including traffic and utilization trends. Interfaces with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware installation
- Creates and manages highly functional back-up and disaster recovery systems, including recovery plans for worst-case scenarios
- Formulates and maintains system records, and trains and advises technical people working on the network
- Designs and implements all network mechanisms necessary to protect against intrusion by unauthorized users. Proactively works with the Director of IT and the Director of Cybersecurity in identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and meet tactical goals and objectives while maintaining network integrity
- Collaborates with the Director of IT to design, build, and maintain systems capability that reflects the highest state of technical sophistication consistent with the OUR CLIENT’s needs and budget, while ensuring the security, and minimizing downtime of OUR CLIENT’s computing environment(s).
- Collaborates with other Network Engineers to devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Formulates and executes proactive audits to proactively diagnose networking issues. Develops test plans and test cases for multiple areas and use-cases
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to lead the acquisition, implementation, and ongoing rationalization of enterprise and business applications, including periodic maintenance (updates) and configurations on OUR CLIENT’s live production environment
- Proactively manages system obsolescence. Actively seeks out and implements hardware updates and improvements
- Supports the Automation Lead Engineer in development, implementation, and ongoing management of OUR CLIENT’s process automation network, including network integrity and security.
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing, and training other professional, technical, and clerical staff members, including direct-hires and contract support.
- Responsible for the development and management of applicable capital and expense plans and budgets.
- Present periodic performance reports and metrics to the Director of IT and other leadership.
- Contracts with management specialists, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems.
- Communicate progress, needs and project status to internal customers.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in local and wide area networking (Cisco preferred), communications, and related hardware and software.
- Cisco ISE experience is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Superior soft skills, including teamwork skills for effective collaboration toward achievement of common goals.
- Strong budgeting and project management skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong work ethic and hands-on approach to leadership and execution of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of IT principles, procedures, and best practices within and outside defined area of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 3-8 years of production-company-based corporate information technology experience preferred
Apply for this position