The Bookkeeper is an integral part and support function in the accounting department of the organization. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting day to day accounting operations. Scope of work includes supporting the Accounting Managers by having responsibly for the expense/revenue, A/P and A/R cycles. Additionally, the role will support the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, and account reconciliations, as well as bank reconciliations, and participating in special projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Support the accounting team.
- Responsible for full accounts payable accounting including expense reimbursements.
- Responsible for invoicing and all accounts receivable activities.
- Preparation of journal entries to support month-end close.
- Preparation of account reconciliations monthly.
- Perform account analyses as assigned.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality.
- Performs other functions and/or special projects as directed.
- Associate degree in accounting is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of bookkeeping experience with emphasis on the required skills and abilities as described above.
- Experience working with Quickbooks desktop, Bill.com, and SAAS Optics.
- Experience working with expense tracking and reimbursement packages (Expensify preferred).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Practical basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general math skills.
- MS Excel and Word proficiency.
- Strong attention to detail, self-review to yield a low error-rate, organizational skills and analytical thinking are a must.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, manage timelines, and deliver upon deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open to learning our business operations, what we do and how we do it.