Electrical Engineer (Hybrid)
The Electrical Engineer will be involved in a breadth of electrical design power conversion/distribution, micro-controllers, computer interfaces, user-interfaces, electro-mechanical drivers and electro-optical circuits. The Engineer will work on board designs, as well as custom circuit designs.
- Lead the definition of electrical systems architectures, technical solutions, and detailed designs for novel medical imaging products consisting of software and hardware
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards.
- Manage the research and prototyping of new and innovative solutions.
- Manage feasibility studies of the design to determine if product is capable of functioning as intended.
- Lead board and system bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality.
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Clinical, Design & Usability, Marketing, R&D, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to foster growth
- Ensure design documentation creation throughout all phases of design control.
- Provide documentation of inventions for patent applications; review alternative technology as it relates to the invention.
- Identify and retire technical risk.
- Report progress regularly to upper management.
- Define and author electrical requirements and architecture to meet medical system requirements.
- Define and author board level specifications.
- Generate circuit models and simulations.
- Generate electrical system power analyses.
- Complete component de-rating analyses.
- Create cable diagrams for electrical systems.
- Create electrical schematics and bill of materials.
- Define initial board layout designs.
- Define technical tasks and effort for integrated electronic modules designs with circuit layout in tightly constrained spaces.
- Develop board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications.
- Define technical tasks to achieve design realization.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); MSEE preferred.
- 8+ years of hands-on design experience in analog and/or digital design with excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex electrical systems
- Must have working experience with various tools including analog simulation, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
- Experience with power supply and power distribution architecture and design
- Experience working with various optical sensors and detectors (eg PMTs, photodiodes) a plus
- Experience with high-wattage power supplies and motor drives a plus
- Strong understanding of IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition Electromagnetic disturbances.
- Have the flexibility and curiosity to develop new skillsets, as the need requires
- Ability to clearly communicate complex subjects or issues to colleagues at all levels
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year