Director of Proposals (Hybrid)
- Herndon, VA
- 2 days a week remote / work from home.
- Salary: $180,000 - 250,000/year
- US Citizen
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below; however, this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer needs, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with prospective clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, capture and acquisition strategies
- Serve as the lead for all large-scale solicitations, delegating and assigning smaller scale solicitations, task order responses and sources sought responses to proposal staff.
- Responsible for developing formal capture plans and win strategies for each solicitation, as required
- Facilitate relationship with and manage outside / 3rd party proposal consultant teams as required
- Coordinate capture efforts and provide oversight of customer contact, positioning and teaming interactions to include timely responses to data calls and teamed pursuits
- Lead proposal color-review teams, and participate in partner review sessions of joint opportunities as required
- Work with Human Resources to recruit top-tier talent to support projects
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager the development, maintenance, and updating of marketing presentations, cut sheets, capability statements, advertisements and publications
- Work closely with marketing team in development of press releases, social media updates, generation of content, and general support as requested
- Responsible for reviewing every proposal and certifying compliance is met with RFP requirements while maintaining communications with all stakeholders
- Provide guidance to and supervise team members on proposal management, formulation, and ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ensure a close working with relationship with proposal cost estimators and technical writers to ensure timely and compliant content is achieved.
- Mentor Proposal staff and lead status update meetings as needed
- Up to 25% travel could be required for attendance at industry events and/or participating in off-site partner proposal efforts
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in one of the following: business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, organization management, or technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated relevant job experience in either a senior business development or senior proposal manager position
- VAR experience required.
- Must have US Government DOD proposal experience
- Experience developing and implementing successful business partnerships with federal government agencies, the commercial sector, and international customers highly preferred.
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Federal acquisition procedures and FAR/DFAR required
- Strong communication, critical thinking and presentation skills