AV Technician

Atlanta, GA
Full Time

Lead Audio Visual Technician

Main Focus-

  • 75% travel. The other 25% they are just off. Travel is typically Sunday-Thursday/Friday. Everything is paid for plus per diem.
  • Targeting about 5+ years of experience
  • Any experience with Crestron, AMX, BiAmp, Polycom would be great
  • They can maintain higher clearances
  • A CTS certification would be great but not required


This is a position where you will have an opportunity to learn and be
expected to develop yourself within the field. We will provide training in the
products and services we offer and there is always room to grow within our

  • Installation of all types of audiovisual equipment in a safe manner
  • Supervise team of installers while on job sites
  • Fabricate, terminate, and install AV and IT cabling; BNC, RJ45, XLR, etc.
  • Performs site surveys and document requirements for Engineers and PMs
  • Maintain certifications and continuous relevant training
  • Read and interpret installation drawings and documentation (Signal flows, facilities diagrams, etc.)
  • Perform installation tasks in a timely manner and meeting Whiteford Systems’ quality standards.
  • Install structured cabling
  • Terminate and label cabling (Crimp, Solder, Captive Screw)
  • Fabricate equipment racks and stage equipment
  • Use hand and power tools safely and professionally
  • Use termination tools to solder, crimp and otherwise terminate low voltage cabling
  • Aid users in operating audio and visual equipment as needed.
  • Assist with other duties as assigned by management


The Lead A/V Installation Technician is a mid-level position with great
potential for growth, and does require two years of prior experience in the
audiovisual industry. This position is part of a team responsible for the
installation of audio and video equipment into a variety of environments
including but not limited to schools, churches, offices, hotels, restaurants,
and medical environments. The ideal candidate will be seeking to further
their career in the Commercial Audio/Visual Integration industry and have
advanced knowledge of both A/V equipment and installation processes, as
well as with hand and power tools, general construction knowledge and the
ability to learn from others.


Apply for this position

Apply with
We've received your resume. Click here to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

Human Check*