Digital Signal Processing Engineer (Mostly Remote)
Salary: $125,000 - 135,000/year
This positions allows for 4 days remote / work from home.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
The DSP Engineer will lead a team of three to four Software Engineers in creating software solutions for U.S. and international Naval environments. The DSP Engineer will be the primary point of contact for Software on assigned projects. Using the latest technology in image processing, the Software Engineering Team will use their collective talent to design feature-rich user interfaces.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers through the software development lifecycle to create cutting-edge software for Naval platforms.
- Assist in the professional growth and mentoring of junior level Software Engineers.
- Assist in the preparation of technical proposals for funding of research activities.
- Work closely with U.S. and International customers to understand their design goals.
- Perform contract reviews to identify technical and non-technical requirements and risks.
- Provide innovative solutions during the conceptual stages of product development.
- Interact with third-party organizations on technical matters often coordinating efforts between organizations.
- Review and/or prepare supporting documentation suite for software designs.
- Maintain software with revision control.
- Participate in planning verification and validation activities.
- Perform software tests, evaluate results and debug defects.
- Interact with international customers in country during platform deployment.
- Develop embedded systems with FPGA,DSP and Micro-Controller-based processor architectures.
- Develop interface software for standard communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet and Serial.
- Design and implement embedded applications/solutions on real-time operating systems, Bare Metal applications or Real-Time Linux.
- Work with designs for user interfaces typically developed in QT.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Design, develop, and maintain algorithms related to data and signal analysis, curve fitting, optimization, parallel processing, databases and associated tools for storage/retrieval of measurement and process control data,.
- Experienced with video and image processing on FPGAs or GPUs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering & 5+ years of experience in a software position. Strong programming experience in C and/or C++ and debugging skills. Demonstrated experience with requirements management/traceability
- Experience with embedded, application, or imaging processing software development.
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq and Vivado SDK
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools, and cross-platform development
- Experience with numerical analysis methods, digital signal processing and/or statistical methods