Assistant Warehouse Manager
Full Job Description
Essential Job Duties:
- Logistics or supply chain leadership experience
- Oversee all depts. pertaining to production, sales, administration, and distribution and making recommendations as needed
- Involved in managing human resources for all depts. by hiring, terminating, and reassigning as required in addition to scheduling coverage
- Interact with customers for better service needs and implement changes approved by the Plant Manager accordingly.
- Help to formulate procedural changes to ensure the correct handling of products and services.
- Oversee quality control and recommend and implement changes as necessary.
- Participate and/or facilitate monthly plant safety meetings.
- Administer disciplinary action as necessary.
- Help maintain communication within plant, Region, and company networks.
- Acting Plant Manager in absence of Plant Manager.
- Other duties as required
- Proficient with MS Office
- 7am-6pm Monday-Thursday
- Fully onsite
Education & Experience: School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. 2 years warehouse related experience is required. Forklift certification is beneficial.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse methods, techniques, and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules. Must be able to apply basic principles of management; i.e. plan, organize, direct and control. Must possess knowledge of human relations and be able to apply tact, diplomacy, and common sense. Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to schedule priorities and exhibit time management skills.