Director of Proposals
Growing technology firm looking to bring on a Director of Proposals.
• Lead entire proposal efforts to include work breakdown structure; management of sales, technical, operations, and other resources. Driver of win themes. Develop the proposal schedule, proposal outline, and compliance matrix. Conduct activities required to successfully perform color reviews. Manage quality of content and finalize the submission.
• Expert at rapidly editing, writing, and formatting proposals for both complex bids and standard routine bid responses.
• Coordinate with partners, OEM’s and prime contractors to produce a cohesive package.
• Management of proposal production and related time-sensitive logistics, ensuring the correct proposal format (electronic, hardcopies, font/ style management), binding, and shipping are completed.
• Analyze and report lessons learned, key performance proposal metrics to include wins, losses, and maintain a database of reusable content.
• Drive the implementation and adoption of new proposal processes, tools, and automated systems concurrent to maintaining and utilizing current systems.
• Communicate with other peer professionals to develop and share best practices.
• Be an example for all in terms of ethics and compliance. Conduct yourself in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
• Conduct all project management operations in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
• Define and put processes in place for long term RFP’s and short-term project work improvement.
• Proven record of developing and winning proposals using Shipley or APMP methodologies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to motivate excellence in others. Show experience demonstrating a positive and results driven attitude while leading a variety of personalities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to qualify opportunities, lead and support proposal efforts that meet applicable licensing, branding, marketing, and legal standards.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required; knowledge of Microsoft Visio is preferred.
• Expert at developing and managing winning proposals; and meeting 100% compliance with the proposal requirements.
• Substantial understanding of technical, financial, sales, and marketing processes and objectives, as related to proposal management.
• Excellent organization and time-management and project management skills.
• Capacity to work collaboratively, and act in a lead role as a proposal subject matter expert, within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
• A minimum of 5 years of proposal experience is required; 6 to 8 years of proposal experience is preferred.
• Experience working for an IT Value Added Reseller is ideal.
• Experience with major Federal Contract vehicles such as NASA SEWP V, CIO-CS, DHS First Source, Army CHESS ITES-SW2 or ITES-3H is highly prized.
• A Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
Must reside within 50 miles of the Reston, VA office. Hybrid is okay, 100% remote is not for this role.