Field Service Technician
We are looking for Multiple Traveling Electrical Field Technicians who are willing to travel across the US (expenses paid for).
The Field Service Tech will oversee the performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
Compensation: $20-$40 / hour
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Orders and installs replacement parts for machines.
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
- Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares reports documenting work performed.
- Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
- Collaborates with product manager or plant engineer regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required.
- Makes necessary modifications and implements tests runs; confers with product manager regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- Some vocational or community college with related coursework or equivalent experience, required.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.