Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Architectural Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure that all architectural, engineering, truss, civil and mechanical drawings (the “Construction Documents” or the “CDs”) prepared by professional consultants comply with applicable building code, Our client Standards, as well as local, state and federal regulations and Our client Homes’ standards.
- Maintain the latest drawings in dwf, pdf and dwg formats in Our client common file folders.
- Coordinate plan revisions submitted by Architectural Change Forms (the “ACF”s) to ensure timely completion and correctness.
- Work with Purchasing, Construction, Marketing and Senior Management (the “Internal Departments”) to coordinate the ACF process, provide specifications and receive appropriate approvals.
- Coordinate all construction documents and standard details to ensure there are no design errors or deviations from uniformity between like plans across multiple projects.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions to problems related to Architecture, Construction and Permitting.
- Direct all professional consultants in the start process, to include ordering construction documents, surveys, truss engineering, energy calculations, etc.
- Coordinate and report the flow of the preconstruction process, to include the deliverables of professional consultants and Internal Departments.
- Maintain in-house catalogs and electronic filing system of standard homes.
- Coordinate all plan production and changes by obtaining department head approvals, working with professional consultants and Internal Departments to create and maintain construction documents, and manage the dissemination of these changes to all them.
- Work with the Internal Departments to create accurate “as-built” plans and marketing collateral for new models after necessary field adjustments have been implemented.
- Work directly with the Internal Departments on plans, specifications, and standards to ensure all are implemented across applicable markets.
- Interpret plans and communicate the direction of Senior Management to Architects on any design ideas or changes.
- Request, review, and assist on approvals on black line plans so as to ensure that they accurately reflect the construction documents. Update in common folders as necessary. Communicate all internal teamates with updates.
- Process consultant invoices for the individual projects including coding and following up with accounting.
- Keep track of budgets, spending for individual projects
- Additional responsibilities will include helping for amenities projects with the Amenity team and includes reviews and managing redlines and schedules with consultants, including permit application, building department comments and RFI coordination.
- Permitting Responsibilities:
- Keep track of any ‘master plan changes’ with the permit coordinators
- Support permit coordinators to occasionally help with review of Start Orders for assigned projects and approve Construction Documents for accuracy prior to permit submittal.
- Support permit coordinators with permit revisions, and manage building department comments as necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (WITH EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS ONLY):
- Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected.
- Resolve performance issues.
- Plan review for accuracy of consultant’s work
- Determine timelines for work performance and monitor weekly progress towards deadlines
- Monitor work for legal or regulatory compliance.
- Ensure adherence to Our client standards.
- Conduct meetings with internal team.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Apply a broad and thorough knowledge of architectural and structural details, properties of materials.
- Excellent analytical, creative thinking, leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal, negotiation, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Manage multiple priorities in a timely and professional manner with strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate commitment to integrity, company values, customer-focus, and established policies and procedures.
- Display professional appearance and manner.
- Work in a paperless environment and maintain detailed tracking information of workflow (in databases or other electronic systems).
- Effectively and professionally communicate (in oral and written form) with internal and external customers.
- Read, analyze, and interpret
- Construction documents and specifications
- Engineering reports
- Fabrications and assembly drawings
- Financial reports
- General business periodicals
- Governmental regulations
- Homeowners’ association documents
- Legal documents and correspondences
- Manufacturer's data sheets
- Professional journals
- Technical procedures
- Ability to learn/Basic knowledge preferred but not required.
- Builders CMS
- Any other company based software
- Microsoft Office
- Proven ability with
- Knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and complicated drawings
- Change Management
- Residential construction
- Training techniques
Apply for this position