Accounting Manager (Partially Remote)
Salary: $90,000 - 115,000/year
The Client Accounting Manager is responsible for computing, classifying, and calculating the fundamental aspects of a client’s financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, cash management, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Lead a team of professional accountants and bookkeepers who are responsible for financial reporting and the accounting functions for a portfolio of managed and leased marinas in multi-state environment.
- Maintain exemplary relationships with multiple clients and internal stakeholders that include, Executive Team, Operations, Sales & Marketing and Finance Planning and Analysis.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Manages the onboarding process of new clients to include bank accounts, merchant accounts,
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Prepares budget templates and assists with budget preparation.
- Prepare monthly client invoices in accordance with the Marina Management Agreement.
- Work with client internal and external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience required.
- 1+ years of leadership experience required.
- US GAAP training and experience.
- Experience with acquisitions and purchase price allocations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or group situations to management, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Experience with Quickbooks and Sage Intacct preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.