We are looking for an entry level cable technician to join our team. Travel includes sites across the Northern Virginia area. (Training is Provided!)
- Physically install CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, RG59, RG6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Install outlets; pull cable; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble, and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, light crimp connectors, and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
- Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
- Perform site surveys; read and use blueprints; and conduct visual site inspections.
- Perform cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
- Perform and supervise work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
- Identify active circuits.
- Experience with DC Power equipment
Apply for this position