Electronics Lab Technician
The major duties at this position include PCB layout and fabrication, developing test fixtures, calibrating lab equipment, and performing verification testing on the Avionics System and Power System in support of the Space Perspective System assembly of circuit boards including soldering / de-soldering surface-mount and through-hole components, winding of transformers and inductors, and testing and debugging of prototype power supplies.
Skills and Experience
· Experience with PCB layout software. Altium Designer experience is a plus.
· Experience preparing prototype designs for outsourcing to PCB manufacturers.
· CNC experience
-Knowledge of Labview
-Understands how to illustrate 2D and 3D drawings
Basic knowledge of electrical circuit theory.
A technical background in power electronics is desirable as well as understanding of basic switching power supply operation.
· Knowledge of the function, characteristics, and operation of semiconductor components (diodes and transistors) and magnetic components (transformers and inductors).
· Hands-on experience in debugging electronic circuits.
· Experience with 3D modeling and printing. Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and Prusa MK3S 3D printers is a plus.
· Familiarity and hands-on experience using electronic test & measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, soldering stations, and multimeters.
· Experience using PCB prototyping system, such as T-Tech Quick Circuit, is a plus.
· Good soldering skills for SMD and through hole components.
· Associate degree or higher in electronics. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree
· Recent graduates with hands on electronics experience are encouraged to apply
· Desire to learn and develop new techniques through independent research
· Prospective candidates should possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team
· Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $40.00 per hour