Business Systems Analyst
Washington, DC, DC
- Develop technology and plans needed to enable the next generation of the association’s digital strategy.
- Identify and collaborate with business owners to define business case and use cases for proposed projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required Subject Matter Experts from within the company to participate in projects.
- Determine and assess need for more IT staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle.
- Manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and risks affecting the critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Participate in or manage testing requirements and test execution in conjunction with other members of the IT team.
Apply for this position