Accounts Payable Supervisor
Responsible for the day to day accounting of property management assets and funds that invest in these assets. Accurately reports tenant payments received and due, and performs account analysis and reconciliation when PMs or tenants have questions. Property accountants also work closely with other property accountants and banking personnel, and have a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Handles AP or AR entries for management company
- Prints checks for signing by DFA
- Ensures vendors and management company are paid according to agreed-upon schedule
- Maintains active client AR list and ensures PMs are collecting past-due balances as needed from owners
- Handles owner draws according to the draw schedule prescribed in each market
- Handles all accounting items in recognition of GAAP accounting practices and with an understanding of audit requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ year(s) accounting experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and drive to provide superior customer service to all parties.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments, exercise judgment, and take ownership of projects in the absence of direct supervision
- Team player with a strong work ethic, pro-active orientation, who can anticipate needs, is assertive, and highly accountable, with a mature and positive attitude.
LEADERSHIP / SUPERVISORY
- This is not a supervisory position