Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Growing government contractor looking to hire a FSO to their team. Position does require on-site work in Suitland, MD. Position does require at least a Top Secret clearance.
Responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, visitor control, operations, and communications security disciplines.
- Performs specialized security functions to ensure the company’s compliance with customer regulations and contract requirements. Responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Serve as the onsite Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) for day-to-day security guidance on operating procedures for the company’s various Special Access Programs and DoD Contracts.
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provide secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Track and maintain the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Oversee and direct the personnel security program to include personnel security clearances (EQIP), nomination packages, pre-screen interviews, and indoctrinations.
- Maintain general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Maintain DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, and maintaining project protection plans, OPSEC plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Action Plans, etc.
- Obtain and maintain accreditation of Special Program areas: complete and submit required documentation and supporting floor plans, Fixed Facility Checklist, Construction Security Plans, conduct inventories, audits and self-inspections.
- Assist with the Insider Threat program.
- Advise Facility Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel and prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, and materials.