Billing Clerk (on-site)
Job Title: Billing Clerk
Job Location: Naranja, FL
Job Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Compensation: $18-$22 / hour
Reports to: Billing Supervisor
Job Summary: The Billing Clerk is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing invoices and bills, tracking financial transactions, and ensuring timely payment collections. They play a pivotal role in maintaining accurate financial records and facilitating smooth financial operations within the organization.
Invoice Generation: Generate and prepare invoices for products and services rendered to clients, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and client agreements.
Data Entry: Accurately enter billing data into the company's billing system or accounting software, including customer information, pricing, and payment details.
Billing Review: Review invoices for discrepancies, errors, or missing information before sending them to clients. Ensure that billing terms and payment schedules are correctly reflected.
Client Communication: Communicate with clients to address billing inquiries, resolve disputes, and provide necessary documentation or information related to invoices.
Payment Processing: Record and track payments received from clients, applying them to the appropriate invoices, and ensuring timely and accurate posting to accounts.
Account Reconciliation: Reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and resolve any discrepancies.
Reporting: Prepare and maintain billing reports and financial records, providing regular updates to the accounting department and management.
Collections: Assist in the collection process by sending reminders and following up on overdue payments.
Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized billing records, including invoices, receipts, and supporting documents, while adhering to record-keeping policies.
Compliance: Ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and tax requirements related to billing and invoicing.
- High school diploma or equivalent (additional education in accounting or finance is a plus).
- Proven experience in a similar billing or accounting role (experience with billing software is preferred).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks).
- Knowledge of billing and invoicing practices and relevant financial regulation