This position is looking to bring on about 10 Composite Technicians who will be fully onsite in Melbourne, FL. This is a full-time direct hire position that is looking to pay around $35-$40/hr. This position requires aviation/aerospace composite technician experience. Need to be a US citizen or green card holder, this position is looking to hire ASAP.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Lay out articles, cut parts or materials to size and apply liquid or solid bonding agents.
- Understanding of ply orientations and vacuum bagging processes
- Operate autoclave, hydraulic presses, and ovens to complete bonding cycle.
- Control conditions of heat, pressure, and timing by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agent being used.
- Sands, burrs and smooth over areas, applying sealing resins to cut or exposed edges.
- Surface prep, hand and power abrasion techniques, parts trimming and finishing.
- Tool prep and maintenance.
- Spacecraft structure assembly.
- Experience in an aerospace environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- Ability to pass medical/respiratory evaluation in order to obtain and maintain necessary respirator clearance and compliance with all respirator fitting requirements.
- Must be able to pass a New Hire Physical prior to start.
- The ability to utilize a computer for basic functions (including navigating through windows operating system, getting online, executing online training modules and ability to be trained using on the job software.