Accounting Supervisor / Assistant Controller
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire an Experienced Accountant in Mt Morris, PA, who has 4+ years of Accounting Experience from; AR/AP and General Accounting Practices. Also looking for basic general ledger and GAAP. (This Position is Fully On-Site 8am-5pm M-F)
- Handle accounts payable, accounts receivable, and various accounting duties.
- Process payables, vendor invoices, AMEX and credit card transactions, and employee expense reimbursements.
- Record day to day financial transactions and post to the general ledger.
- Compile and distribute a daily cash receipts and disbursement journal to management.
- Reconcile bank account statements, credit cards, and journal entries.
- IOLTA (client trust) account administration and reconciliation.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries regarding accounting and financial transactions.
- Maintain strong working relationships with outside vendors, firm's bank(s), external auditors, and technology service providers.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for various audits and tax returns, ensuring that necessary reports are available for the outside accountants.
- Assists in the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Execute other special projects as assigned by management.
- Successful candidate should have 3 to 5 years of professional services accounting experience and a bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Strong organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Persistence, initiative and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliability, flexibility and the ability to operate with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel skills.