AV Site Supervisor (Travel)
Job Title: Audio-Visual Site Supervisor
Compensation: $50k-$75k + Per Diem
Type: Full, Time, Direct Hire (With 75% Travel involved)
Job Summary: An AV Site Supervisor is responsible for managing and maintaining audio-visual systems and equipment at a specific site, ensuring their proper operation and supporting various events, meetings, or presentations. They supervise AV technicians and work closely with clients and event organizers to deliver high-quality AV services.
System Setup and Maintenance:
- Install, configure, and maintain AV equipment, including projectors, microphones, speakers, video displays, and lighting systems.
- Perform routine inspections and troubleshooting to ensure equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensure that all cables and connections are properly organized and labeled.
- Coordinate with event organizers to understand their AV requirements.
- Set up and operate AV equipment for meetings, conferences, presentations, and other events.
- Monitor equipment during events to address any technical issues promptly.
- Supervise and schedule AV technicians or support staff working at the site.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to the team, ensuring efficient operations.
- Communicate with clients to discuss AV requirements and technical specifications for events.
- Address client inquiries and provide technical expertise and recommendations.
Equipment Inventory and Procurement:
- Keep track of AV equipment inventory, including ordering and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Recommend upgrades or new equipment purchases based on technological advancements.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of AV services and systems, including sound and video quality.
- Perform regular tests and inspections to maintain high standards.
Safety and Compliance:
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines for the operation of AV equipment.
- Stay informed about relevant regulations and compliance standards.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance, repair, and event details.
- Create and update technical documentation, diagrams, and user guides.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions promptly during events or equipment malfunctions.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or AV-related certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience in operating and maintaining AV equipment and systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of audio-visual equipment, including sound systems, video projectors, lighting, and control systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for client interactions.
- Leadership and team management capabilities.