Controller/Senior Accountant (Clearwater, Fl)
Working with an Excellent Client that is looking to hire a Controller/Senior Accountant. This posotion is a direct hire role with a starting salary of $75-$90k + Bonuses! This posotion will also be on-site in Clearwater, FL.
Position: Controller/ Senior Accountant
Work Authorization Status: US Citizen
Requirements: Experince with property accounting, medical billing, and QuickBooks.
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Controller, or Properties Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Experince with real estate, senior living, property and QuickBooks
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills