Clinical Lab Associate (Must have CLIA experience)
Our client is currently seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated individual to join our innovative, fast-paced organization as a Clinical Laboratory Associate. The successful candidate will work with our laboratory team to perform complex testing according to established SOPs.
- Consistently performs highly complex assays utilizing established procedures.
- Prepares protocols/logs or other appropriate documents.
- Organizes and prepares clinical specimens for testing; identifies problems and assists in resolving appropriately.
- Performs sample testing including DNA extraction, bisulfite conversion, quantification, and qPCR following established laboratory protocols.
- Prepares testing equipment and performs preventive maintenance. Notifies appropriate technical staff of equipment problems.
- Prepares and maintains complete and accurate records of reagents or media using established procedures, formulas, stock solutions, and fixed volume measuring devices.
- Maintains the inventory of consumable items including reagents and supplies. Unpacks, logs, dates, and stores reagents/supplies upon receipt and properly rotates stock for use.
- Prepares reagents and controls using automated or fixed volume measuring devices. Submits documentation to appropriate staff for approval to use.
- Performs data entry or transfers data to computer for data reduction and prepares for supervisor’s review. Tallies workload data and prepares reports as requested.
- Verifies assay meets acceptable quality control criteria. When necessary, notifies appropriate technical staff for troubleshooting.
- Logs or charts Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance results for review by licensed clinical laboratory scientists.
- May demonstrate initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provide consistent feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
- 2-3 years of experience working in a regulated laboratory (CLIA/CAP/GLP)