Construction Project Manager (Industrial Spaces)
This high-level technical position will support numerous ongoing projects throughout the organization including engineering, procurement, construction, operations, maintenance, and reliability. Duties include, but are not limited to project coordination, contract administration, scheduling, cost reporting, forecasting, payment processing, purchasing, submittal review, government relations, safety, project closeout, and field engineering
- Be an integral member of the program leadership team in conjunction with the Program Manager, Procurement Manager, Project Controls Manager and Construction Manager
- Assist with development and implementation of scopes of work, basis of designs, and project and engineering execution plans
- Validate project strategies pertaining to Module Fabrication, Procurement, Contracting, and Construction
- Provide strategic advice to the Program Manager which affects the functional engineering areas of responsibility
- In collaboration with the Program Manager lead the engineering, procurement, and construction activities from project inception to close-out
- Ensure alignment of engineering, procurement and construction activities to the Engineering, Procurement, Contracting, and Construction Plans
- Facilitate comprehensive engineering designs by ensuring alignment between EPCs and Construction Contractors
- Provide oversight of multicenter scope splits between ISBL and OSBL during the Detailed Engineering Design phases
- Provide key inputs to staffing requirements
- Lead subordinate Program Engineers engaged on the project
- Minimum of 5 - 20+ years of program engineering/management experience
- 10 years of experience in Petro-Chem, Polymers, or resins industry, with a focus on operational excellence, consistency, safety, customer satisfaction, cost management, and profit generation preferred
- 5 years of experience managing design/build construction projects including construction support helpful. Demonstrated ability to hit project cost, quality, safety, and schedule goals.
- Experience leading diverse technical and commercial teams
- Proven track record in the management of basic and detailed engineering activities of complex chemical processing plants
- Balanced tenure in Engineering, Operations, and Site/Construction Management would be helpful.
- Exposure in dealing with local governments and communities to ensure environmental responsibility and maintaining a positive community reputation is helpful.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly integrate into new businesses and functions while providing value creating leadership is critical
- Licensed Professional Engineer helpful
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
- Work from home provisions will be in place unless/until advised .
- Available to travel on a frequent basis (1 to 2 times per month for a 2 - 3 days duration each) as project needs dictate
- Available to travel on longer term domestic assignments (1 to 2 times per year for 3-4 months each)
- Capability of international travel in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
- Ability to bring team together to achieve project targets and goals. Good commercial awareness with ability to manage change
- Proven ability and desire to mentor junior members of the project and engineering teams