AV Technician (Travel Required)
Job Title: AV Technician
As an AV Technician, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of audio-visual systems in various settings. You will work closely with clients, project managers, and other team members to deliver high-quality AV solutions. This role requires travel to client sites for installations and support, ensuring that AV systems are operational and meet customer requirements.
AV System Installation: Traveling to client locations to install and set up audio-visual systems, including displays, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, and control systems. Mounting and connecting equipment, running cables, and ensuring proper system functionality.
Equipment Configuration: Configuring AV equipment and systems according to client specifications and project requirements. Programming control systems and conducting thorough testing to ensure optimal performance.
Maintenance and Support: Performing routine maintenance tasks, such as firmware updates, equipment calibration, and system testing, to ensure continued functionality and reliability of AV systems. Providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance to clients both remotely and on-site.
Documentation: Creating detailed documentation of installed systems, configurations, and troubleshooting procedures. Maintaining accurate records of equipment inventory, repairs, and customer interactions.
Collaboration: Collaborating with project managers, AV architects, and other team members to ensure successful project delivery. Communicating effectively with clients and providing regular updates on project status and milestones.
Training: Conducting training sessions and providing instruction to end-users on how to operate AV systems effectively and troubleshoot basic issues.
Industry Knowledge: Staying informed about emerging AV technologies, industry trends, and best practices. Continuously expanding your technical knowledge and skills through self-study and training opportunities.
Travel: Traveling to client sites as required for installations, maintenance, and support. This may involve occasional overnight stays and working flexible hours to accommodate client schedules.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical certifications or training is a plus.
- Proven experience as an AV Technician or in a similar role, preferably with experience in audio, video, and control systems installation and support.
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and technologies, including displays, projectors, sound systems, video conferencing solutions, and control systems.
- Familiarity with AV cabling, connectors, and signal flow.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to AV systems.
- Basic understanding of networking principles and protocols.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, with the ability to interact professionally with clients and team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in a dynamic, client-focused environment.
- Willingness to travel to client sites, sometimes requiring overnight stays.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.