Federal Contracts Manager
Salary: $130,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
We are seeking a Senior Contracts Manager, to manage a variety of contracts from various federal agencies. Assists with proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts. Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations. Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination. Prepares special reports and analyses as required. Lead and conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts
- Responsible for company contract administration, including subcontract administration, ensuring contract compliance, life cycle cost analysis, and on-going review to ensure that issues and requirement changes are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures contract review, approval, and execution in accordance with company policy and FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Lead all contractual audits with DCMA and DCAA as applicable.
- Maintains formal contract records and correspondence.
- Monitors funding, budgets, and period of performance. Performs contract closeouts.
- Interfaces with commercial and Government contracting officials and subcontractors to facilitate contract administration and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Provides post-award analysis and briefings to performance team pertaining to contractual obligations, including reporting and other compliance issues.
- Works directly and proactively with program management to facilitate the resolution of any contract issues and advises senior management on Government procurement and contracting regulations, including interpretation of contractual provisions.
- Works with the Finance/Accounting department to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliant invoice preparation for Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M contracts.
- Manages Program Control and Contract Profitability.
- Develops and maintains contract briefs for use in ICS preparation.
- Manages GSA schedule compliance issues and responsible for IFF payments.
- Assists Finance and Accounting for ad hoc reports.
- Responsible for the development and training of Finance/Accounting staff in pricing and pricing strategies.
- Monitor and maintain opportunity pipeline for use in monthly budget preparation and forecasting.
- Assists with proposal preparation in response to Government and commercial solicitations.
- Reviews solicitations and ensures proposals are prepared in accordance with RFP’s/RFQ’s and corporate policies.
- Collaborates with financial staff and management in the development of pricing proposals.
- Responsible for leading all pricing and cost volume preparation in response to all RFP’s/RFQ’s.
- All other duties as assigned by managements
Experience and Education
- B.S. or B.A. from an accredited University.
- 5 or more years of contract management experience.
- Experience with small business growth and management strategies.
- CFCM or CPCM Certification preferred.
- Must have expertise in the strategic planning and development of price proposals; be able to identify gaps in existing processes and initiate and document new processes as required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of FAR/DFAR, GSA, DCAA audit requirements.
- Must be a self-starter, able to set priorities and work independently under deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time