Engineering Director (P.E. - Civil)
Working with a client who is seeking a Senior Practice Leader experienced in civil, geotechnical, Mechanical and/or water resource engineering to add technical and business development expertise to our growing market in the Norfolk, VA Area.
This could be the perfect opportunity for a Sr Project Manager to take the next step in their career.
Relocation: The proper Candidate will be local to the state of Virginia with the proper P.E. License in place - This will not be an Out of State Relocation - more of a Relocation within the State of Virginia
This will be 100% Fully On-Site
Work Authorization: Due to our clients requirements and US Govt Regulations for this position - Candidates will need to be able to provide proof of US Citizenship
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Focus on business development and market expansion including service cross selling.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Manage projects and staff, including technical leadership and oversight, construction management, risk management, and mentoring.
- Provide technical assistance and project management for work related to dams, levees, and other water control and conveyance structures, as related to geotechnical, construction management, or water resource related engineering, or general civil engineering.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve as a leadership role model for company culture and values across the organization.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering or related field. M.S. preferred.
- 12 + years progressive experience in Civil, Structural or Mechanical engineering with extensive technical background in field of expertise and at least 10+ years in a project management role.
- Recognized for technical excellence and development of client-focused, creative, and practical solutions.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude and ability to generate new work and grow a business segment, with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to support federal, state and local agencies in the Eastern US.
- Professional Engineering license required.
- Master s Degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering or related field
- Ability to supervise and direct junior staff
- Office or Practice Area operational experience