AV Architect (remote) (secret clearance)
Job Title: AV Architect
As an AV (Audio-Visual) Architect, your primary responsibility is to design and implement audio-visual systems for various environments, such as corporate offices, conference rooms, entertainment venues, educational institutions, and residential spaces. You will work closely with clients, project managers, and other stakeholders to understand their requirements and develop customized AV solutions that meet their needs.
System Design: Designing audio, video, and control systems based on client requirements, industry standards, and best practices. This includes selecting appropriate equipment, creating system schematics, and specifying integration details.
Client Consultation: Meeting with clients to gather project requirements, assess their AV needs, and provide expert advice on system capabilities and options. Collaborating with clients to develop AV system specifications and ensuring alignment with their expectations.
Project Management: Collaborating with project managers to establish project timelines, budgets, and resource requirements. Providing technical expertise throughout the project lifecycle and coordinating with internal teams and external vendors to ensure successful execution.
Equipment Selection: Evaluating and selecting audio-visual equipment, including displays, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, and control systems. Conducting research on emerging AV technologies and staying updated on industry trends to recommend the most suitable equipment for each project.
Integration and Configuration: Overseeing the integration and configuration of AV systems, including the installation of hardware, cabling, and software components. Testing and troubleshooting systems to ensure proper functionality and performance.
Documentation: Creating detailed technical documentation, including system designs, equipment lists, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and installation guidelines. Maintaining accurate records of system configurations, changes, and upgrades.
Quality Assurance: Conducting quality assurance checks to ensure that AV systems meet performance standards, are user-friendly, and deliver a seamless user experience. Identifying and resolving technical issues and optimizing system performance.
Collaboration and Support: Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including architects, engineers, electricians, and IT professionals, to ensure smooth integration of AV systems with existing infrastructure. Providing technical support and training to end-users and addressing any operational concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Proven experience as an AV Architect or similar role, with a strong portfolio of successful AV system designs and implementations.
- In-depth knowledge of audio-visual technologies, including displays, projectors, sound systems, video conferencing solutions, and control systems.
- Proficiency in AV system design software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices, such as Infocomm, CEDIA, and AVIXA.
- Hold a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification.
- Active Secret Clearance (or ability to obtain one) to work on classified projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with clients, team members, and vendors.
- Project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within budget and timelines.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites as needed.