Acoustic Signal Processing Engineer
Our client is searching for skilled engineers to support the development of leading sonar systems and sonar signal processing algorithms for Naval applications. Client has a 25 year history of leveraging institutional and individual expertise in distributed acoustic sensors, active noise control, acoustic surveillance, machine learning, audio enhancement and interference rejection to provide engineering solutions for both government and commercial customers.
- Lead technical projects from conception through development including design, testing, and reporting
- Responsible for developing demodulation algorithms for modern communication technologies
- Deinterleave collected signals as necessary
- Prepare technical reports
OPERATING HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- This position operates on a standard 8 hour schedule Monday - Friday.
- Little to no travel is expected (Up to 10% Locally)
- Secret clearance preferred. Candidates must be at least eligible for secret clearance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or other related field.
- Experience with underwater acoustics, signal processing, and sonar system development.
- Fluency with basics of signals and how to process them including modulation, demodulation, filtering, and spectral analysis
- Experience with MODERN communication and DSP technologies
- MATLAB, C, C++, LINUX, PYTHON programming skills
- Background in image and signal processing, both algorithm design and implementation.
- MA/MS in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Understanding of Bayesian statistics and tracking
- Demonstrated experience in working with senior Navy sponsors
- Active Secret Clearance of higher-level security clearance