A distribution center manager oversees all of the daily operations at a distribution center, warehouse, or another shipping facility. Your responsibilities and duties in this career are to supervise the loading and unloading of all packages, ensure that inventory manifests match up with the shipments you receive or send out, and make sure that all goods and products have the proper storage conditions. You are also responsible for monitoring facility safety and making sure that workers store everything in a manner that prevents workplace injuries.
Requirements & Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. in Business Management, Supply Chain, Operations or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of management experience in warehousing and/or logistics, preferably in a 3PL environment.
- Cadence experience
- Must have 3PL experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with vendors and logistics planners on operational issues: forecasts, product, transportation, KPIs, etc.
- Work with customers to plan and prepare for new business; space requirements, KPIs, process flows, and SLAs.
- Ensure customer relations training programs for all front-line personnel.
- Prepare and present Quarterly Business Reviews with customers.
- Ensure the security of the facility, its environments, employees and contents.
- Conduct regular instruction in good security practices.