Drupal Developer (Fully Remote)
This position is remote, but candidates must live in the following states:
- DC, MD, VA, PA, DE, WV, NC, FL
Salary: $120,000 - 130,000/year
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Web Developer with Drupal experience to architect, design, develop and administer web applications on a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance for custom business solutions to a US Government client. The Web/Drupal Developer will work closely with government customers, team of other developers and support personnel to design and solution develop on-going business services, especially as they relate to the resources provided to the public. Candidates should be proficient in current and emerging web-based technologies and have experience in Drupal.
General roles & responsibilities:
- Perform Drupal and/or PHP development, migration and testing across multiple public websites.
- Help translate specifications from clients into requirements for application enhancements.
- Engage with client on technical and architectural topics and options, such as cloud-service environments, best practices, recommendations for enhancements, and general web design considerations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Implement software in accordance with best security practices.
- Assist in project planning/estimation with technical staff and customers.
- Follow appropriate best practice operating procedures, including Agile and change management processes utilizing DevOps concepts and ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Stay abreast of current technology and seek out new tools that can be utilized appropriately
- Make suggestions that improve programming techniques, applications, documentation and client deliverables
- Engage in problem definition and solution implementation according to client needs
- Work to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the web services delivery to our client.
- Must possess 3+ years of IT professional experience.
- Must possess at least 1 years of experience developing open source web applications
- Must be able to triage, troubleshoot, and develop source code using LAMP Stack architecture with some experience in Drupal
- Familiarity with server side and browser scripting
- Familiarity with a variety of SQL database platforms (e.g., MySQL), web servers, and environments
- Demonstrate a willingness, interest, and aptitude to learn new technologies and skills
- Requires proven ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Requires strong communication (verbal and written) skills with other team members and clients
- Possess a willingness and attitude to help customers find workable solutions
- Experience with Drupal 7 and/or 8+
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience operating within a Linux command line environment
Apply for this position