Civil Engineer - Bridges
Salary: $85,000 - 135,000/year
We are looking for an experienced Bridge Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate MUST have experience working on DOT bridge projects and must be a Registered PE. An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic in working with other engineers, project managers, and other technical staff assisting with planning, designing, and overseeing structural engineering projects focusing on the design of bridges and other structures, including culverts, slabs, retaining walls and foundations. Projects include new structures, bridge rehabilitation, Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build/P-3.
- Assist with the production of project plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates.
- Be involved in all project aspects including design/study development and site/field visits during design and construction.
- Efficiently produce quality deliverables while meeting budget and schedules on multiple concurrent projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies.
- Ability to mentor entry level staff and be responsible for entry level staff job tasks.
- Ability to provide QA/QC on bridge/structural design projects.
- Ability to assist in marketing efforts to pursue future work.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of proven structural design experience.
- DOT experience required.
- Professional Engineer License or can obtain within 6 months.
- Able to serve as Structural Task Leader on a project, to assist in the planning and execution of structural engineering tasks associated with transportation projects.
- Experience and proficiency in the design and analysis of new and the rehabilitation of prestressed concrete and structural steel bridges. Experience in the design of bridge elements including but not limited to bearings, deck joints, deck drainage, abutments, piers, culverts, and retaining walls.
- Experienced in transportation project quantity and cost estimate, specification, and construction plan development.
- Familiarity with drafting software such as MicroStation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel.