- Accounting Specialist
- Full onsite - Rockville, MD
- Direct Hire - 60k
- Full vaxed and booster
- US Citizen or GCH
- Drug and background checks
Day to Day:
- Generates, reviews and maintains reports and logs in a variety of areas to include administrative, logistical, and financial.
- Compile and as needed Extract information to prepare standard recurring reports. Develop forms, labels, lists or agendas.
- Generates, reviews and performs simple analysis of financial reports, identifying discrepancies and potential corrective actions.
- Assist in forecasting, tracking and updating commitments, obligations and expenditure data of funding for current fiscal year reviews
- Assist in tracking unliquidated obligations with goal of reconciling and reserving Government funds and assets.
- Provide support for meetings and quarterly program reviews.
- Employ knowledge of RDT&E budget activity codes and policies concerning two-year funding to assist in planning, programming, and budgeting activities.
- Generate custom ad hoc administrative and financial reports to provide data for presentations, meetings, briefings, suspense, and any other requirements needing the data.
- Provide monthly financial status report spreadsheet(s) with specific content by project/program.
- 1+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Requires a proficiency in standard accounting techniques and principles, strong written and oral communication skills, and a proficiency in PC software packages typically associated with accounting.
Apply for this position