Accounts Payable Specialist (Hybrid) 3 days in office
Annapolis (3 days a week in office) partial remote, MD
Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for processing invoices, maintaining vendor relationships, and assisting the accounts payable team.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Sets up new vendors in accordance with company policy and 1099 guidelines
- Process vendor invoices timely and with appropriate expense classification as per the chart of accounts
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Reconciles vendor statements and resolves any invoice or payment discrepancies with the vendor
- Complete vendor credit applications
- Reconciles and records credit card activity for company-issued purchasing cards
- Reviews and processes employee expense reports
- Assists with the annual 1099 preparation and filing process
- Assists with annual external financial statement audit by pulling documentation or support as requested by the auditors
- Serves as liaison to operations team and other corporate departments, assisting them with accounts payable related inquiries and requests for support
- Works as part of the accounting team to complete special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of accounts payable or general accounting experience required
- Prior experience with Quickbooks or Bill.com preferred
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage workload independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting systems and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
Apply for this position