Consumer Finance Paralegal
Consumer Finance Paralegeal
The candidate will be managing closing checklists, due diligence review (including title and survey), and preparing initial drafts of loan documents. Should have 6+ years’ experience with lender-side commercial real estate financing transactions. Must have outstanding organizational and time-management skills; possess the ability to exercise practical judgment; and be highly motivated self-starters. Accuracy, attention to detail and strong proofreading skills are essential.
The candidate should have 5-7 years’ experience working in a financial or law firm setting. Assist General Counsel in reviewing, amending and finalizing agreement and other documents with clients and vendors. Update agreement templates, and ensure updated templates are made available internally and to external clients. Maintain files including client files, Board files, vendor files and others as necessary. Write business correspondence and perform general administrative tasks as assigned. Bachelor’s Degree is needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Document collection and review, electronic filing, maintaining litigation calendars, and research and analysis of evidence to be used in litigation cases.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 7 of experience within a litigation department of a law firm close to Saul Ewing’s size
- Paralegal certificate is preferred
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus