We are seeking an experienced, mid level Environmental Scientist for a leading firm offering engineering, architecture, and construction services. This is a great opportunity with a great company culture and tremendous career growth.
Work Setting: Hybrid (2 days remote), M-F
- Performing environmental analysis of data, performing studies and research.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring staff.
- Conduct ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) projects
- Conduct research, regulatory consultation, and performance of project specific investigations and field services, including performing site visits for data and sample collection;
- Preparing data for client task order and vendor compliance reports; compiling project documentation, and assisting with monitoring project schedules and budgets;
- Provide supplemental field and technical support as needed on National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects, including Categorical Exclusions (CEs), Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
- Coordination of site visits to gather data and perform site analyses for various projects and coordination of civil land development and environmental tasks;
- Performing or assisting project management on all phases of the project, including project commencement, organization, tracking, project work, invoicing, and deliverables, including collaborating with project teams to coordinate the process of providing high quality deliverables to our clients;
- Review the work and assignments of junior staff as applicable on certain assigned projects; coordinate other project and senior level staff input and tasks;
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or related Engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience performing ASTM/AAI compliant Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, and other subsurface investigations.
- OSHA 40-hour certification and current 8-hour refresher certification are preferred.
- Michigan and Ohio regulatory experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Technical proficiency with computers and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent professional interpersonal skills in order to interact directly with clients and handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to travel frequently. Applications must have valid driver's license and clean driving record as well as proof of auto insurance.
- Competitive base compensation
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities